Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A new start.

The world of blogging is by no means new to me. Only in the sense of trying to do so regularly. I enjoy the concept of a blog. Somewhere to sit, think and write. It seems, relaxing and inspirational all at the same time. Why have I never done so before ? I don't know. Lazy. That's the only answer I can come to.

How does one start a blog. The question that keeps coming to my mind. Maybe it's like running, how you just keep putting one foot in front of the other, but this is just by typing one key after another and hope that a good thought comes your way.

My thougths right now....well don't be fooled by the title of this blog, my thoughts aren't always very deep. They exsist by maybe not so deep.

I've been reading a lot lately. A series by Diana Gabaldon, the Outlander books. I like them. they are a romance/action sort of novel that takes place well, mostly in 18th century scotland. The thing I wonder is more so about our world now. We are very, well, we don't know how to do a lot of things that are basic to survival. I guess those types of things aren't needed anymore because we can just go to the store and buy what we need. Clothing, bread, water....wood. Anything. But years ago people had to do all this stuff themselves....even make their cloth build their houses with hand tools and now we have all the luxuries of the world and if I were to be stranded somewhere alone, I think I'd starve because I have no idea how to hunt or fish without a pole, or even make a fire without matches. Our life is pretty easy. I guess one would say we have different struggels I won't deny that. Physically though, life is easier.

No comments: