Monday, August 30, 2010

I have no photos.

Funny, I went to summer camp for 2 weeks and for 1 of those weeks had a camera attached to me at all times, yet I come home with nothing! I had fun, it was busy but also refreshing. I made some new friends and connected with some old friends.

Now it's the end of August and tomorrow we're moving. I am excited about that. On friday we got our new furniture, 2 chairs that are very comfortable and there has been no bug sightings for 4 weeks now, so hopefully we're in the clear. We do have a new mattress coming to the new apartment on September 1st, so we still plan to be cautious and keep an eye out for bugs, just in case! And today we are doing some pre-packing cleaning and organizing. Re-drying boxes of clothes because when we brought them back we didn't realize there was still some bugs around, so for safety to make sure they didn't take up a new residence in our clothing, everything is getting the hot dry cycle for about 30 minutes.

We have banking to do, school loans to organize, books to buy and stuff to clean. Today and tomorrow will be busy, but it will all be worth it I'm sure.

And in just over a week, school starts again. I wouldn't mind having just one more week off, but alas I must go back to the grind and finish what I started. I went to church yesterday and the pastor talked about doing your work in whatever you do as though you Lord is your boss and it made me think about the effort that I put into school. Yes, I could just do what I have to do pass and get decent marks, or I could look at school as though I am doing this all for Jesus and put my effort into school as though my boss is my Lord, and good things could happen. I'm sure they will.

Hopefully this new thought will stick with me!

Anyways, laundry to do, places to go, people to see. It's all very busy over here!

No comments: