Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Now to update on what's happened this summer!

Today is raining. It seems appropriate for my mood, a little blue, but only because I have to write an exam tomorrow for a computer usage course of which I have not studied enough for. I only need to get about a 50% to pass the course, but it would have been nice to only need 25% on the exam. Such is life!


I have done a lot this year, not only did I do school I also continued to dance and added Jazz to the ballet from the previous year. We had our recital in June and that was a great time.

This was my ballet recital costume.


I also ran a few races.  A memorable one was the Eco Adventure at Fort Whyte that I did with my brother and a couple friends.
This consisted of approximately 40 km of canoeing, running, biking, running, biking, orienteering and more biking. I believe we finish 2nd last, which I believe is better than last and  definitely better than did not finish!


I had adventures with my sister Sandi and her son Connor. He is so cute and as he gets older he is so much fun and provides me with tons of happiness.


Recently I took a day trip up to Camp and to Gimli for the Icelandic Festival. We saw sandcastles and went to the carnival too. It was a fun day.

 
Well that almost brings me up to the current date. I have a break which is going by fast. I am sad for summer ballet to be ending soon. I have really enjoyed dancing and look forward to classes in the fall. I am also getting excited to head out to camp. Summer camp will always have a special place in my heart so it is nice to get the opportunity to go out there for a few weeks and get some spiritual refreshing too. 

2 comments:

Patty-Jean from LittleQuiver said...

Oh we were in Winnipeg beach at the same time!!! we missed the festival sadly - think sometimes we shy away from some of the big crowds - looks like it was fun!

Where did you dance???? love the recital photo! and your nephew and his waldorf-looking doll!!!

Great to hear from you Glenda!
talk soon!

Glenda said...

I dance at Royal Dance South, I have for 2 years now. And in the summers at the RWB for ballet.

Yes, it's a waldorf doll. Before when you could request the hair colour and eye colour and their shirt would have something special about them on it. My sister loves those dolls!

Thanks for reading!